As is clear from the name, Sensiâs most recent Skunk variant mixes the pure Afghani genes of Hindu Kush with the explosive vigour and unstoppable performance of Skunk #1. Less well known is the fact that there are several generations of cross-breeding in the history of Skunk Kush that add a distinctly different character to this strain. Skunk Kush has the thick stems and dark, leathery foliage of her Afghanica parent and displays Skunkâs vigour and size, typically gaining about 150% of her vegetated height in blooming, occasionally more. Bud formation is the particular winner in this pungent, hashy melting pot of cannabis cultivars.
Thick Afghani-Skunk nuggets are normal when growing Skunk Kush, and our favourite phenotypes have an incredible, towering flower structure composed of grape-like bunches of buds â apparently a throwback to Skunk #1âs Sativa ancestors. The bubbling calyxes make for solid, semi-open buds that offer weight, plus a large surface area for resin glands to develop. Some trichomes develop heads so bulbous that observant growers can actually watch them swell and change colour near harvest.
When grown in their natural shape, or with lower branches removed, the central bud of Skunk Kush will take up half the main stem on most plants, and up to 75% on the more open, slightly-Sativa females. Across the strain, musky Skunk and dark, resinous Afghani aromas are complemented by a citrus zest. The star phenotypes take the fruity tang to sensational heights with lusciously sharp lemon and menthol flavours that linger on the palate and open up the airways.
A booming body-stone is the most powerful effect felt from the Afghani-influenced females, while the Skunk-Sativa throwbacks add a sizzling sideways counterpunch. A dreamy, giggly, red-eyed high can always be expected from Skunk Kush!
- Regular strain Skunk Kush® is a regular strain, which will produce male and female plants.
- Temperate / ContinentalSkunk Kush® can be grown outside in a normal warm summer.
- Average height gainSkunk Kush® will have average height gain during flowering.
- Short flowering period (50 – 60 days)Skunk Kush® will have a comparatively short flowering time.
- Large YieldSkunk Kush® can produce a large yield, without the extra care needed for some of the higher yielding strains
- 40% Sativa / 60% IndicaThe Skunk Kush® is a Sativa / Indica Hybrid.
Source : whitelabelseeds.com