The strain that changed the face of cannabis culture across the world continues to amaze weed-lovers more than a quarter-century after her release! The original Skunk hybrids fused traditional cultivars from Central and South America, Afghanistan and Thailand. Through generations of intensive selection and back-crossing, the very best examples of Skunk were stabilised into the first true-breeding Indica-Sativa hybrid – the classic Indica-dominant Skunk #1.
The potency of this branch of the cannabis family tree is so notorious that âskunkâ is often used as a name for any powerful ganja. Breeders regard Skunk #1 as the benchmark of uniform, reliable performance and her rock-solid genotype has influenced a hundred modern hybrids. Skunk#1âs energetic performance and bountiful yields demonstrate the true meaning of hybrid vigour. Growth and flowering are mostly-Indica in appearance, with Skunk #1 gaining a little more height than a pure Indica when blooming. The extra-dark green of this strainâs leaves comes from her Afghanica ancestors and contrasts sharply with her lime-green growing tips.
Flowering is very fast and Skunk #1 produces robust stems and branches to support her superior yields. Short internodal gaps quickly close when her nodes explode into dense, rounded flower clusters which merge into huge, heavy terminal buds by the end of the blooming phase. Fan leaves can show many shades of colour at the end of flowering, as plants focus their energy on bud formation and resin production
Sativa heritage is most apparent in Skunk #1âs beautiful calyxes, long, profuse pistils and her habit of expanding bud-growth in all directions as harvest time approaches. Sativa also has a wonderful influence on Skunk #1âs potency and effect – a stunning combination of stone and high.
- Regular strain Skunk #1® is a regular strain, which will produce male and female plants.
- Cannabis Cup WinnersSkunk #1® has won a Cannabis Cup or another Cannabis Award.
- Temperate / ContinentalSkunk #1® can be grown outside in a normal warm summer.
- Average height gainSkunk #1® will have average height gain during flowering.
- Short flowering period (45 – 50 days)Skunk #1® will have a comparatively short flowering time.
- Large YieldSkunk #1® can produce a large yield, without the extra care needed for some of the higher yielding strains
- 35% Sativa / 65% IndicaThe Skunk #1® is a Sativa / Indica Hybrid.
Source : whitelabelseeds.com