The Lord of Bhang is one of many titles given to the Hindu deity Shiva, and itâs said that he discovered the amazing properties of cannabis while meditating amidst a stand of ganja plants. Of all the gods, Shiva is most frequently seen to enjoy cannabis in all its forms and many of his devotees imbibe hashish as a sacrament. As the most powerful of the Skunk family and thus among the most potent Indica-dominant strains ever made available, Shiva Skunk is named in honour of the Lord of the Dance.
Shiva Skunk was an instant hit when released as NL#5xSK#1 in 1987. That simple string of letters and numbers instantly grabbed the attention of any grower who recognised the two famous parents. A new strain combining distinct and stable genotypes is always a noteworthy event, and that working-title indicated a great deal more. NL#5xSK#1 offered growers a taste of âcannabis cubedâ – a super-hybrid embodying the two most powerful cannabis strains known at the time. Before being formally named, Shiva Skunk was already building a reputation as the next step in marihuana breeding.
Both parents influence the prolific bud structure and knock-down potency of this strain. Later in flowering Shiva Skunkâs buds bulk up sharply and become encrusted with a trademark layer of oversized trichomes, courtesy of the one and only Northern Lights#5. Remarkable hybrid vigour allows Shiva Skunk to out-perform even its distinguished parents for yield and resin content.
Bouquet is musky and dank with sweet-citrus undertones; smoke is thick and resinous, described as âcreamyâ by fans, sometimes âoilyâ or âheavyâ by novices. Shiva Skunkâs extra strong body-mind effects range from red-eyed and giggly to adventurous to deeply contemplative. This is not a smoke to be taken lightly. Remember that Lord Shivaâs primary title is The Destroyer!
- Regular strain Shiva Skunk® is a regular strain, which will produce male and female plants.
- Cannabis Cup WinnersShiva Skunk® has won a Cannabis Cup or another Cannabis Award.
- Temperate / ContinentalShiva Skunk® can be grown outside in a normal warm summer.
- Compact plantShiva Skunk® will have relatively small height gain during the flowering phase.
- Short flowering period (45 – 55 days)Shiva Skunk® will have a comparatively short flowering time.
- Heavy YieldShiva Skunk® can produce a very large yield, but may require a little extra care to achieve their full potential.
- 85% IndicaThe Shiva Skunk® strain has large proportion of Indica genes in its background.
Source : whitelabelseeds.com