The most powerful member of the Skunk family and therefore one of the most potent Indica-dominant strains ever made available, this very special hybrid is named in honour of the Hindu god Shiva, the Lord of Bhang
Shiva Skunk seeds were an instant hit when released in 1987 as NL#5 x Sk#1. That simple working-title was of great interest to any growers familiar with the two famous parent-plants. A new cannabis strain combining distinct and stable genotypes is always noteworthy event, and that particular string of letters indicated something extraordinary.
NL#5 x Sk#1 offered growers a taste of Â´cannabis cubedÂ´ – a super-hybrid embodying the two most powerful cannabis strains known at the time. Before being formally named, Shiva Skunk was already building a reputation as the next step in marijuana breeding. Now, Sensi Seeds has taken Shiva Skunk one step further, releasing one of our all-time favourite strains as a uniform, reliable, all-female variety!
Both parents influence the prolific bud structure and knock-down potency of feminized Shiva Skunk seeds. Later in flowering, her buds greatly increase their mass and density and become encrusted with a trademark layer of oversized resin glands, courtesy of the one and only Northern Lights #5. Remarkable hybrid vigour allows feminized Shiva Skunk to out-perform even its distinguished parents in terms of yield and resin content.
Bouquet is musky and dank with sweet-citrus undertones; smoke is thick, expansive and resinous, described as Â´creamyÂ´ by veterans, sometimes as Â´oilyÂ´ or Â´heavyÂ´ by novices. Shiva SkunkÂ´s extreme body-mind potency can have a range of different effects in smokers, making them red-eyed and giggly, or deeply contemplative, or even filling them with energy and a desire for adventure.This is not a smoke to be taken lightly; remember that Lord ShivaÂ´s primary title is The Destroyer!
- Feminized strainShiva Skunk Feminized is a is a feminized strain, which will only produce plants that flower as females..
- Cannabis Cup WinnersShiva Skunk Feminized has won a Cannabis Cup or another Cannabis Award.
- Temperate / ContinentalShiva Skunk Feminized can be grown outside in a normal warm summer.
- Compact plantShiva Skunk Feminized will have relatively small height gain during the flowering phase.
- Short flowering period (45 – 55 days)Shiva Skunk Feminized will have a comparatively short flowering time.
- Heavy YieldShiva Skunk Feminized can produce a very large yield, but may require a little extra care to achieve their full potential.
- 85% IndicaThe Shiva Skunk Feminized strain has large proportion of Indica genes in its background.
Source : whitelabelseeds.com